On May 11, 2023 training for policy makes and civil servants in Macedonia in setting relevant indicators and MEL (Monitoring Evaluation Learning processes) was held on zoom. The training was attended by a total of 20 representatives from 8 public institutions.
The activity is being implemented as part of the Work Programme “Capacity Building and Implementation in Macedonia” developed on the basis of prior conducted needs assessment with an objective to strengthen the local efforts in the Western Balkans to support policy making and programme implementation of the “Western Balkans Agenda on Innovation, Research, Education, Culture, Youth and Sport”.
This training enabled the participants to:
– to become familiar with the basic concepts and definitions of monitoring, evaluation and learning and their function in the implementation of policies, strategies and programs;
– to understand the stages in the monitoring system development process;
– to learn to define relevant indicators, initial and target values;
– to understand the practical application of impact, outcome and results indicators; definition of target values and definition of risks during implementation
– to familiarize themselves with the elements of the Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
The training provided participants with theoretical knowledge while also allowing them to work in groups and reflect on the expertise available in this field.
The event was organized by the Foundation for Management and Industrial Research and the Fund for Innovation and Technological Development as part of the “POLICY ANSWERS” project funded under the Horizon Europe program of the European Commission. Through the implementation of the activities of this project, MIR Foundation and FITR are taking a leading role in the promotion of the national and regional innovation ecosystem, with the aim of including national stakeholders in the common European market.
The project supports political dialogue, including formal meetings, monitoring and agenda setting, capacity building and implementation of the EU agenda for the Western Balkans, as well as alignment of thematic priorities. It will implement regional pilot activities and upgrade the information center based on the www.westernbalkans-infohub.eu platform. 14 partner organisations, representing network nodes in the region and EU expert organisations, support policy dialogue through ministerial meetings, Steering Platform meetings and ad hoc policy meetings. They provide analytical evidence through monitoring and mapping activities (of the stakeholder ecosystem, implementation of the Western Balkans agenda and integration into the European Research Area).